Most dogs can be healthy and active in the heat, whether fluffy or sleek. Provided they get plenty of access to drinking water and shade.
That being said, certain dog breeds have a greater appreciation for hotter climates. All our pals could benefit from a little extra TLC in a warm climate.
Tips for keeping your pet cool
- Offer wet towel to lay on.
- Add a few ice cubes to the water dish.
- Pop by at a dog swimming pool.
- If you have a garden create some shade by stringing up a tarp or cloth.
- Avoid walking on hot pavement, and consider booties to insulate their toes.
- Give your dog some homemade frozen treats. ( Yogurt Peanut Banana treats)